Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Job Family: Project/Task Management
The Implementation Manager (IM) is needed to oversee survey, engineering, Army requirements in the Continental United States. The IM will report directly to the Project Manager (PM) and assist with all aspects of the project, including project planning, financial management, baseline management, reporting, and coordination of task execution, resource management, and stakeholder communications. The IM will assist the PM with the supervision of sub-contracts and maintenance of essential relationships in a multi-contractor/government environment. The successful candidate must have and maintain a SECRET clearance. This position may requires some travel, up to 25%.
Position will perform the following duties:
Project Planning - assist the PM with the development and maintenance of essential project artifacts, such as: schedule, risk register, budget and resource allocations.
Project Baseline Management - assist the PM with establishing, monitoring and reporting on project scope, schedule and cost baselines.
Financial Management - interfacing with the assigned Financial Analyst to ensure accurate forecasting and providing timely review of budget data.
Reporting - assist the PM with the development and maintenance of project reporting artifacts including briefings, budget reports, daily and/or weekly progress reports and SITREPs.
Coordination of task execution and resource management - interface with contractor and government Points of Contact (POCs) to coordinate base access, clearance, escorts, personnel and equipment to ensure project tasks can be completed on time.
Stakeholder Communications - assist the PM with ensuring clear, consistent, timely and accurate communications are maintained with internal and external project stakeholders
· Ability to work effectively in a virtual teaming environment.
· General knowledge of different circuit types and carrier technologies (Ethernet - 100G, 40G, 10G, E1/T1, OCx, ATM, SONET, DWDM, etc..)
· Experience reading, writing and interpreting DoD Telecommunications Service Requests and Orders (TSR/TSO) and using configuration databases and ordering tools such as: WWOLS, TCOSS and DDOE/DDSF
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, documents and governmental regulations
· Strong commitment to a team environment and the ability to work collaboratively
· Strong coordination and organizational skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (desired)
· 10 years' experience managing various aspects of telecommunications projects in the DoD environment.
· Experience with procedures and requirements for obtaining Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI)
· Familiarity with Telecommunications documents such as - Site Survey Reports, Preliminary and Critical Design documentation, As-built diagrams, Rack elevations and circuit connectivity matrices
Other tasks include:
Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
Typically supervises assigned staff, may include subordinate supervisors and managers.
Develops technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
Manages risk tracking process.
Attends customer meetings and serves as primary client liaison.
Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.
SCOPE: Manages a medium to large team or department focused on multiple areas. Medium to High complexity.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 5+ years of related work experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.