Alternate Locations: Work from Home; Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Work Arrangement: Work from Home
Relocation assistance: : is not available for this opportunity.
Pay Range: $83,500 - $179,100
Requisition #: 66827
The Role at a Glance
As a Sr. National Accounts Underwriter, you will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex Underwriting projects and initiatives. This role will independently assess complex financial risks related to insurance products, determine price at which LFG accepts risks, alter coverage plans/levels, and bind LFG in transactions for insurance products. You will determine whether to accept or reject a risk based on your analysis of the customers information.
What you'll be doing
• Reviews complex new business and renewal requests for coverage(s) for all product lines in the National segment with 5000+ lives.
• Recommends potential modifications in complex coverage(s) and/or coverage levels on insurance products based on customer's price range.
• Adds complex amendments/ACRs for your assigned lines of coverage and segment(s).
• Analyzes complex customer data & information to independently determine the price, within a wider range of authority, at which to accept the risks posed by sales.
• Negotiates complex benefits & pricing on non-experienced rated & experienced rated cases with brokers & representatives.
• Analyzes financial health, performance, operations, and personnel levels of customers to determine if additional safeguards or conditions should be included in pricing and risk assessment.
• Independently determines if requests for coverage should be rejected based on your risk assessment.
• Binds LFG in financial transactions within your scope of authority by committing LFG to provide insurance coverage at the determined rates.
• Independently prepares and determines complex coverage & pricing proposals, renewals, amendments through analysis of customer data & information received from quote requests from brokers & marketing representatives.
• Provides direction to operational teams to ensure accurate preparation of plans with appropriate coverage level(s) & pricing.
• Meets with brokers and sales teams to develop relationships, discuss target markets and potential pricing approaches to expand market share.
• Provides mentoring and guidance on Core underwriting; acts as a subject matter expert in 2 or more lines of coverage and/or customer segment.
• Contributes to materials and/or conducts training on underwriting guidelines & procedures.
• Adheres to departmental and compliance documentation & reporting requirements.
• Participates in and/or leads other assignments and/or projects as needed during peak and off-season.
What we're looking for
4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)
5-7+ Years of group life and/or disability underwriting experience in the National segement with 5000+ lives
What's it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What's in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Competitive 401K and employee benefits (~~~)
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Work from Home : Employees will work fully from home. Their job will not require the employee to come into the office, unless for special circumstances.
Lincoln will evaluate the following when setting the successful candidate's wage rate:
• Prior work or industry experience.
• Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
• Unique skills
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas - Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection - focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer's lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek's Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees' futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive (~~~) environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on Facebook (~~~) , Twitter (~~~) , LinkedIn (~~~) , and Instagram (~~~/) . Sign up for email alerts at ~~~
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at ~~~ if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling ~~~.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify (~~~) notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify (~~~) avisos.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.