The Casino Host is responsible for ensuring our VIP customers enjoy a favorable gaming experience, take care of their needs, and provide superior service to all guests and patrons. Knows and ensures adherence to department and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and government regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES: Essential duties and tasks that must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Practices, supports, and maintains the Mission, Vision and Values of WarHorse Gaming, LLC.
• Greets VIP Casino customers and assist them with their needs.
• Approves and monitors comp issuance based on player performance in accordance with the approved comp matrix.
• Attends player events both on and off site, interact with invited players and provide superior guest service.
• Greets and informs customers of the benefits of the Company's Rewards program, identify and either sign-up or get a replacement card while they are on the game.
• Achieves personal and department goals as determined by management.
• Aggressively promotes the different tiers of the Company's Rewards program and encourages players to play up to achieve the next tier level.
• Actively seeks new players through networking.
• Cultivates good customer relations to entice incremental trips to the casino from existing customers and build the gaming worth of assigned player base.
• Speaks with qualified players in person or by phone to sell promotions and special events.
• May represent the Company, including spokesperson at events or promotions, entertainment and Company sponsored events both on and off property.
• Attends all necessary meeting.
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS:Education, experience, skills required, equipment used.
• Must be 21 years or older.
• High school Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
• Previous experience as a casino Host is preferred or two (2) years of related hospitality experience.
• Experience with direct and in-direct contact with customers.
• Proficient with Microsoft office Suite or related software; and player tracking software.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and friendly outgoing personality required.
• Excellent phone etiquette and guest relations skills are also required.
• Collaboration Skills
• Guest Focus
• Communication Proficiency
• Problem Solving
• Ethical Conduct
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected
WORK HOURS: Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Is this position responsible for selling, serving, or distributing alcoholic beverages or do they have comp authority? Yes
Gaming License Required? Ability to secure and maintain NE Gaming License
Other Certifications? Driver's License
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Native American descent in accordance with applicable laws.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ASSESSMENT
0 - Not Applicable to This Position
1 - Normal: Conditions Similar to Everyday Life
2 - Above Average: Beyond Normal Levels
3 - Extreme: Extraordinary Levels
Critical Job Elements: For the questions that follow, use the rating scale above to describe the job.
2 Accessibility of all worksites required for the position
1 Exposure to weather and temperature extremes
1 Exposure to darkness
1 Exposure to cramped spaces
1 Exposure to loud noises
1 Exposure to chemicals and fumes
1 Exposure to dust
1 Exposure to heights
1 Exposure to work safety hazards
2 Exposure to secondhand smoke
1 Amount of overtime/extended work hours required
1 Physical mobility: movement from place to place on the job, considering distance and speed
1 Physical agility: ability to maneuver body while in place
1 Ability to lift up to 15 lbs
2 Physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools
1 Dexterity of hands and fingers
1 Dexterity of feet
1 Physical balance: ability to maintain balance and physical control
1 Coordination: including eye/hand, hand/foot, etc.
1 Endurance: prolonged physical activity with limited opportunity to rest
2 Concentration/intensity: prolonged mental effort with limited opportunity for breaks
2 Memory, considering the amount and type of information
2 Complexity of decision making
2 Time pressure of decision making
2 Analytical thinking
2 Conceptual thinking
2 Ability to compute math calculations
2 Fluency in English
0 Fluency in another language
2 Verbal communication
2 Written communication
2 Non-verbal communication
1 Ability to see
1 Ability to distinguish colors
1 Ability to hear
1 Ability to smell
1 Ability to taste
1 Sense of touch
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Job Locations US-NE-Lincoln
Company Warhorse Gaming - Lincoln
Category Marketing, Sales and Business Development
Position Type Regular Full-Time