Director, Content Strategy
Jul 31, 2022
SB-Chicago, United States of America
Full Time Permanent
Apply Now (~~~)
About Our Opportunity
Director of Content Strategy
Location: Houston, TX; Philadelphia, PA; Lake Forest, CA; or San Leandro, CA (Hybrid)
The Director leads two key functions:
• The Content Strategy team works with strategists and analysts from other marketing teams, stakeholders, and other Content Studio teams to design optimal content strategy. The team conducts content audits to identify potential gaps, retire outdated content, and ensure that content is delivering on marketing goals. The team builds content strategies using their knowledge of storytelling, search engine optimization, brand standards, products, buyer personae and journey mapping, social media, digital marketing, content types from simple web copy to video and podcasting to interactive web design, and various other techniques.
• The Editorial team provides writing, editing and copyediting for AVEVA marketing content. The team often also conducts interviews and research working with subject matter experts. Working from rough concepts, messaging, audience insights, solution value propositions, and industry information, the team ensures that content is compelling and performant. Content ranges from short form such as web and email copywriting, to specialized content such as video and podcast scriptwriting and ad copy, to long form content such as white papers, eBooks and annual report copy. The team often supervises the work of editorial freelancers or agency writers. The team also produces editorial style guides to help AVEVA writers and other stakeholders maintain a consistent style, tone and voice, and collaborates closely with other AVEVA and external creative teams to produce engaging content.
Responsibilities: You will do
• Creates comprehensive, enterprise-wide visibility for the strategy, people, processes, technology and measurement that contribute to improved marketing content lifecycle management.
• Directs first-time and ongoing content audits for owned and third-party web sites, customer portals, partner portals, digital asset management library and other content repositories. Oversees ongoing maintenance of content library.
• Leads Content Studio strategy, often advising stakeholders on the optimal bill of materials and rollout strategy to achieve communications goals. Manages Content Studio editorial calendar, content audits and overall processes. Collaborates closely with related strategy, execution and analytical functions to ensure that no content is developed that does not have a clear path to impact and is activated and tracked appropriately.
• Establishes clear and well communicated workflows for requesting, creating, editing, approving, publishing, and retiring content. Develops a universal content taxonomy to be standardized and implemented across systems. Works closely with reporting and analytics colleagues to analyze content performance in various channels and provides findings and recommendations to creative teams.
• Leads high-performing, engaged content strategy and editorial teams. Conducts recruiting, training and development activities.
• Helps define the creative expression of AVEVA brand and portfolio messages, building out useful guides for AVEVA content creators.
• Remains current on content strategy and operations innovations, best practices, tools and techniques. Provides insight, expertise and best practices to contribute to group knowledge and innovation. Researches competition, investigates benchmarks and provides suggestions for improvement.
• Maintains good understanding of AVEVA product portfolio, business strategy, key messages, strategic partnerships and stakeholders.
• Oversees maintenance of content calendar and promotes new content.
• Manages Content Strategy budget and participates in marketing leadership activities as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required: You will have
• Deep B2B content experience, preferably a blend of content writing, strategy, management, and analytics. Specific experience in campaign content strongly preferred. Understanding of content marketing and production best practices, tools and processes, including buyer personas, content management software, digital analytics and social media tools.
• Experience in establishing and managing a digital asset management system a strong bonus.
• Background in content writing and editing, including a portfolio of published materials. Domain experience in enterprise software and heavy industry (such as power generation, manufacturing, infrastructure, etc) highly regarded.
• Minimum three to five years in collaborative leadership and management roles. Experience recruiting, training, mentoring and motivating a diverse and distributed team, and building strong peer and executive relationships.
• Proven track record in leading and collaborating with internal and external stakeholder groups to understand and deliver content needs on time, on budget and on brief. Proven experience leading change and building consensus in a highly matrixed organizational structure.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Understands and interprets content performance data from web, campaign, social and other analytics, and uses it to identify trends and opportunities for content optimization.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, with excellent grammar, spelling and usage. Ability to edit others' work for style, substance and impact.
• High detail orientation, including the ability to spot small problems with written, video and visual content and plans, and to train/coach team members.
• Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external customer service culture, with empathy, transparency, professionalism and process orientation.
• Track record of developing and managing multiple complex programs simultaneously.
• Commercial orientation, with experience building/tracking budgets, and negotiating/managing contractual relationships.
AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software, driving digital transformation and sustainability. By connecting the power of information and artificial intelligence with human insight, AVEVA enables teams to use their data to unlock new value. We call this Performance Intelligence. AVEVA's comprehensive portfolio enables more than 20,000 industrial enterprises to engineer smarter, operate better and drive sustainable efficiency. AVEVA supports customers through a trusted ecosystem that includes 5,500 partners and 5,700 certified developers around the world. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with over 6,500 employees and 90 offices in over 40 countries. Learn more at ~~~.
Copyright © 2021 AVEVA Solutions Limited. All rights reserved. AVEVA Solutions Limited is owned by AVEVA Group plc. AVEVA, the AVEVA logos and AVEVA product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of AVEVA Group plc or its subsidiaries in the United Kingdom and other countries. Other brands and product- names are the trademarks of their respective companies.