Requisition ID: 144283
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: DHO Kiewit Supply Network
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
Would you like to purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost for Kiewit Supply Network? What about Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives? Individuals with experience in an engineering and/or construction related role as well as basic procurement experience is desired, but not required. We're looking for a team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives. Someone that is detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time.
Kiewit Supply Network group specializes in providing comprehensive procurement services to clients across the construction and engineering industries in multiple markets, including transportation; water/wastewater; power; oil, gas and chemical; building; and mining. Our key objectives are to offer clients a world-class service focused on ensuring equipment, materials and services are consistently estimated and procured at the right price. We strive to offer an appropriate level of quality and ensure materials and services are delivered on schedule and in compliance with the client's specifications and expectations.
This position can be based in either Lenexa, KS / Denver, CO / Phoenix, AZ.
• Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
• Complete project planning for estimating, procurement execution, and subcontract administration.
• Lead the evaluation and monitoring of contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and determine needs for changes.
• Leverage vendors/subcontractors across multiple procurements to create cost savings to project(s).
• Purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings with buyouts.
• Provide training and conduct procurement-related audits to ensure procedures are followed.
• Actively develop budgets, schedules, and performance plans to meet customer and company goals and objectives.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities and the supplier's reputation and history.
• Monitor shipments to ensure goods come in on time and manage any issue resolutions related to undelivered goods.
• Prepare/issue Request for Proposals (RFP's) and evaluate vendor/subcontractor proposals to identify vendors/subcontractors who meet project constraints of budget and schedule at the estimating, execution and site purchasing levels
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization, SAP Experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree in construction management, business, engineering, supply chain management, or equivalent degree or professional or military experience
• At least five years of experience in an engineering and/or construction-related role; experience in EPC is highly desirable
• Advanced knowledge of all areas of procurement, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality, subcontract administration, and site purchasing
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated with the ability to effectively manage time
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that's among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.