Jul 27, 2022
SB-Chicago, United States of America
Full Time Permanent
Apply Now (~~~)
About Our Opportunity
R&D Senior Member of Technical Staff, Product Test
About the Role
When you join AVEVA's Research & Development team, you are joining a global team of over 2000 engineers and computer scientists. We work on over 75 leading industrial automation and engineering products. Our focus, passion, and collaboration help us to deliver innovative, high-quality, and secure industrial software that delights our customers.
At AVEVA, we're all about limitless possibilities. Are you?
As a part of this function, the AVEVA Predictive Analytics R&D Technology and Execution team designs, develops, test and maintains software products and solutions, including the underlying systems and architecture. Responsible for delivering world-class products and solutions using established standards and processes in collaboration with other R&D functions.
We are looking for a Senior Member of Technical Staff, Product Test to join our Predictive Analytics engineering team with the skills and a passion to grow and evolve our existing test automation framework and automate our existing manual test suite.
In this role you will:
• You will work with the QA Manager, Product Owner, Stakeholders and the Scrum Team to understand the test requirements for our Predictive Analytics product and define / implement the best suitable test automation.
• Author and execute high level and detailed test plans, test cases and system test scenarios.
• Create, maintain and execute automated test scripts. (Automated test infrastructure configuration and automated system test execution).
• Participate in Scrum meetings with other team members including sprint planning and estimating; backlog refinement; daily Scrum meetings; sprint retrospectives and sprint reviews.
• Collaborate with software development to efficiently build quality product improvements, solve problems and identify root cause of product defects.
• Make sure that best practices have been followed in framework and scripts creation, ensure that your code is fully reviewed, tested and documented with the agreed quality standards.
• Provide a demo of the automation progress highlighting the achievements and challenges faced during the implementation in the Sprint Reviews.
• Contribute to the team's innovation by generating new product ideas, testing tools and processes for improving the efficiency of our execution and validation processes.
Qualifications: You will have:
• 7+ years of relevant experience in a professional software quality assurance and product testing role.
• Technical/Engineering education background (BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering is preferred).
• Full SDLC experience, including release to operations and production.
• Experience testing distributed client/UI and server software using C# on Windows Platforms including experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps CI/CD Tools and Visual Studio .NET test/dev environments.
• Experience testing Angular and .net based web apps using UI and API test automation tools like Selenium, Cypress, Rest Assured, TestNG.
• Working knowledge using JMeter and similar tools for Performance and load testing.
• Strong debugging skills to root cause failures and issues from ineffective code, breakdown of test cases, memory leakages, etc.
• Experience working in an Agile or SCRUM team environment.
• Strong experience with relational databases and database interfaces such as ODBC, OleDB.
• Positive approach to problem solving with a 'can do' attitude.
Preferred Qualifications: Nice to have:
• Experience using Source Control tools like GIT.
• Experience performance testing, load, Interface/integration testing, stress, soak, and security.
• Experience writing component Unit Tests using xUNIT.
• Experience working in a global company.
• Experience working with offshore development teams.
• Experience testing rest services and 3rd party APIs.
• Experience working with Industrial Engineering products such as process historians.
• Scrum Master training and certification.
• Able to coach and mentor less experienced colleagues.
• Cloud Platform knowledge. Ex. Azure, AWS.
• Scripting skills using Python.
AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software, driving digital transformation and sustainability. By connecting the power of information and artificial intelligence with human insight, AVEVA enables teams to use their data to unlock new value. We call this Performance Intelligence. AVEVA's comprehensive portfolio enables more than 20,000 industrial enterprises to engineer smarter, operate better, and drive sustainable efficiency. AVEVA supports customers through a trusted ecosystem that includes 5,500 partners and 5,700 certified developers around the world. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with over 6,500 employees and 90 offices in over 40 countries. Learn more at ~~~.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.