RESEARCH SCIENTIST - IMPLEMENTATION SCIENCE *
** We are looking to fill this role in North America or Europe. The role offers 100% remote flexibility.
/Evidera's Patient-Centered Research (PCR) group combines a unique portfolio of scientific disciplines, including health sciences, psychometrics, epidemiology, psychology, and many other social sciences. Our dedicated team encompass strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a passion for research, including scientific contributions on a variety of projects related to the quantitative and qualitative development of clinical outcomes assessments including patient, clinician and observer-reported measures designed to assess the impact of disease and treatment. Our staff also develop studies to evaluate patient preferences and utilities, execute various implementation science studies, conduct Delphi panels and do secondary data analysis using advanced statistical techniques. Our work has helped identify and clarify unmet clinical needs, assess burden of illness and evaluate patient outcomes, preference and/or adherence, while supporting promotional and labeling claims on a global scale./
We are currently recruiting for a Research Scientist to join our Implementation Science team, focusing on delivering implementation science projects to sponsors. In this role you will act as the independent Principal Investigator (PI) responsible for overseeing all technical and scientific aspects of project delivery delegating project level and management tasks to more junior scientific staff. You will be able to provide direction around Implementation Science study design, theories, frameworks and methodology (including experience with analyses and reporting that are guided by and/or organized around theories/frameworks or require triangulation of data from multiple sources) and have demonstrated capabilities in program evaluation and mixed method studies. You will take scientific and operational responsibility for project completion as well as responsibility for strategic consultation and recommendations for use of best methods to address research needs in the field of Implementation Science.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
Demonstrated knowledge of Implementation Science methods with application to innovations to improve point of care and patient health outcomes
o familiar with methods to optimize data collection and use of patient, staff and clinician feedback to improve health [e.g., strategies for addressing patient/organization/system-level challenges to collecting data or feedback and/or use of informatics to support interventions and processes
o familiar with patient engagement methods to inform and improve treatment planning including joint decision making
- Applies in-depth knowledge of quantitative and qualitative scientific methods including design of data collection instruments and data analysis, using the selected IS theory, model or framework (or guiding the selection of an appropriate IS theory model or framework) to serve as the key component in driving improvements in care.
- Knowledge of information systems (e.g., CDS, EMRs, PHRs/patient-portals, RPM, and/or other health technologies) and methods of patient-reported outcome implementation, adoption and integration to improve healthcare
- Presents scientific work in peer-reviewed journals and at professional meetings
- Provides scientific leadership to team members
- Provides training in specific IS topic areas (e.g., frameworks/theories, methods, analyses, reporting, etc.)
- Advises and implements best methods and scientific innovation in IS project plans and design.
- Knowledge of healthcare policy and guidelines.
Scientific contributions may include:
o Development and delivery of scientific studies and results directly to clients.
o Overseeing IS project teams to optimize study design and implementation when scientist has specific areas of expertise.
o Non-project related publications, presentations, workshops, advisory boards, participation in FDA meetings, etc.
o Engagement in Evidera's internal IS workgroup; contributes to strategic direction for the group
o Engagement in external workgroups, interest groups or special interest groups, etc.
- Develops and maintains client relationships.
- Understands pharmaceutical industry/FDA structure.
- Identifies scientific methods/plans that help clients meet their goals as well as those that will not help clients meet their goals.
- Provides scientifically rigorous deliverables that best help clients meet their objectives.
- Helps clients prepare for regulatory meetings and attend regulatory meetings with clients as requested.
Financial & Business Development
- Brings in proposal leads.
- Writes proposals and managing proposal writing process.
- Closes sales.
- Meets annual target utilization rate of 70%, unless otherwise specified.
- Manages internal timelines to ensure that deliverables meet external client timelines.
- Manages internal budget/staff hours per project not to exceed contracted budget.
- Manages scope creep or out of scope work.
- Manages legal/contracting issues.
PCR Operations Support
- Supervises mid- level scientific staff.
- Develops and presents internal scientific trainings.
- Participates in staff recruitment efforts (phone screening, interviewing, attending presentations, etc.).
- Conforms to SOPs and other Evidera/PPD requirements.
- Actively supports new product development and scientific innovation.
Education, Professional Skills & Experience:
- Doctorate in a life sciences or social sciences discipline (psychology, epidemiology, health services, public health, etc.) and more than 3 years' experience in relevant field; Previous consulting experience is preferred
- Master's degree in a life sciences or social sciences discipline (psychology, epidemiology, health services, public health, etc.) and more than 5-7 years' experience in relevant field; Previous consulting experience is preferred
- MS Word, PPT, Excel; familiarity with SAS or similar data analysis software
_*Personal Skills & Competencies: *_
- Deep understanding of Implementation Science research principles and familiarity with key aspects of the literature (historical and current)
- Advanced level understanding of relevant methodology and statistics and/or advanced level understanding of qualitative analysis procedures and techniques
- Extensive knowledge of practical research implementation
- Excellent communication skills including professional presentations
- Ability to critically review literature and contribute successfully to peer-reviewed literature in IS, health outcomes and patient-centered research
Who we are?
Evidera is a business within Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive and understand information & ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel.
What we offer?
We know that if you are provided with the right support and resources needed you will thrive! Therefore, Evidera offers a great mix of compensation and benefits options to show you how valuable you are to the organization.
Some of our perks include:
- Highly competitive salary and bonus structure
- Generous benefits package, including healthcare, dental, vision and paid time off to spent with your friends and family
- Flexible working environment by offering fully remote work for most of our positions, to support work-life balance
- Clear opportunities for growth and career progression. We offer multiple Learning & Development programs, coaching and mentoring trainings, career planning and discussions to help you grow as a professional.
- Access to Employee Well-being programs and services. We value your emotional health and offer a variety of programs to support your mental healthcare.
- Collaborative working environment with focus onDiversity and Inclusion. At Evidera, we respect one another and recognize that our diversity makes our business stronger. We strive to be an inclusive organization where colleagues can be their authentic selves and grow their careers.
- Global exposure: Opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry's leading researchers around the globe.
- Smooth onboarding process with your own dedicated onboarding specialist and a working buddy to help you navigate through your first few weeks thus ensuring great start to your new role.
Our 4i Values:
Our 4i Values are critical components in accomplishing our mission. These values guide us and, ultimately, define us.
Integrity - Innovation - Intensity - Involvement
If you resonate with them and wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, submit your application - we'd love to hear from you!*
/*only shortlisted candidates will be contacted/
Organization: *US BU
Title: Research Scientist - Implementation Science
Requisition ID: 216596
Other Locations: US-WA-Seattle, US-MA-Boston, CA-CA-St-Laurent, CA-CA-Edmonton, US-NY-New York, FR-FR-Bordeaux, US-PA-Philadelphia, GB-GB-London, FR-FR-Ivry-sur-Seine Ced, FR-FR-Lyon, US-CA-San Francisco, US-Georgia-Atlanta, US-IL-Chicago, US-NC-Durham, ES-ES-Madrid, GB-GB-Glasgow
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group