NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
The Security Officer position at the Albany Nanotech Complex (a 24/7 operation) provides communications, desk and roving security patrol duty functions, and access control in maintenance of safety and security.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a professional and welcoming atmosphere for visitors and the sites community.
- Ensure that security patrol and communication functions are performed in maintenance of site security and safety.
- Monitoring and operation of computerized security and life-safety systems to include alarms pertaining to fire, toxic gas, building management, access control, and the security camera systems.
- Makes appropriate notification of emergency response agencies (fire, police, ambulance, etc.) and facility resources given information received.
- Assist emergency response personnel to and at the incident scene as directed
- Coordinates emergency and business related telephone, radio, and pager communications,
- Provides the documentation of incidents, ensures for appropriate visitor services to include entry processing,
- Document patrols performed, unusual events and circumstances, requests for service and prepare reports per procedure.
- Safely monitor vehicular traffic entering the site.
- Assign, distribute, and account for facility equipment.
- Handle and process sensitive documents, equipment and information with confidentiality.
- Work additional hours as may be required of the position.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
The successful candidate is a fully competent security officer experienced in all aspects of the assignment and capable of independent and group functioning.
- Be at least 18 years of age with provisions that the candidate must be able to perform the duties of the position.
- High School diploma required.
- A current New York State security officer certification is preferred, but a contingent offer can be made with the requirement that a New York State security officer certification is obtained before start date.
- For details on obtaining New York security certification click here. ~~~
- Fees will be reimbursed after 6 months of employment.
- Possess and maintain driver's license.
- Must possess color vision and ability to hear.
- Possess excellent people skills/customer focus and a commitment to team work, an ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments, demonstrate initiative and be adaptable to change.
- Must be capable of walking, running, standing, climbing, reaching, sitting, bending, and pushing/pulling, completing repetitive motions, capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background investigation; this position may require annual background investigations.
Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$18.00/hour starting salary
15% shift differential paid from 7PM to 7AM
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Employer Paid Retirement Benefits
Generous Paid Time Off
13 paid Holidays
CURRENT SHIFT OPENINGS INCLUDE:
Day Shift: 7AM-3:30PM
Night Shift: 11P-7:30AM
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at ~~~.
Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.