Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Alternate Location(s): United States, North Carolina, Charlotte
United States, Texas, Dallas
United States, Ohio, Cleveland
United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J0822-2046
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI USA - Best version of me
Systems Engineer with strong problem resolution and technical skills to resolve major production issues and implement permanent solutions for operational problems.
As a Systems Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for leading critical incident response functions.
The candidate will lead and drive the triaging and resolution of complex, high impact production issues to quickly restore services to minimize impacts to business functions. The candidate will also be responsible for formulating and implementing solutions that will improve overall stability and resiliency of critical business applications. This role can be located within the proximity of any US CGI location.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Problem Solving Function
• Resolve production major incidents
• Remediate recurring issues via proactive or automated reactive solutions
• Reduce manual work through automation.
• Build or modify solutions to improve system resiliency, performance and efficiency.
• Build a strong team by mentoring and leveling-up junior developers
• Build and Refine Application monitoring rules
• Advise on Major Incident Response processes
• Monitor production environments
• Conduct Post-Mortem analysis
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experienced systems engineer with strong background in coding and automation
• Able to quickly identify the root cause and resolve critical issues by looking across multiple layers
• Extensive support experience in a global large-scale, high volume application in a mission-critical production environment
• Extensive experience in Linux Systems, analyzing and interpreting application/system log files (4+ years)
• Proficient Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming concepts. (4+ years)
• Working knowledge of Java Web applications and Oracle, PostgreSQL or other SQL database (2+ years)
• Proficient knowledge of programming/scripting languages for example Python/PowerShell/Shell Scripting (4+ years)
• Working knowledge of Application Performance Monitoring tools such as New Relic or Prometheus and analyzing application and system log files (2+ years)
• Working knowledge of CI/CD toolsets such as Concourse, Jenkins, GitLab, SonarQube, etc. (2+ years)
• Working knowledge of application and infrastructure architecture
• Working knowledge of Containerization (Docker) and Container Orchestration (Kubernetes)
• Strong, confident communicator capable of effectively communicating, verbally and written to technical and business representatives
• Working knowledge of Agile principles and associate methodologies
• Comfortable working as part of a distributed team
• Passion for learning and new technologies
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range $94,500-$165,300.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at ~~~ . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (~~~/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.